We want to make sure every young person leaving care has the support they need to achieve their goals in life. And we will help you succeed in your education, training and employment.
We will always ask you how you are doing and be ready to celebrate your achievements with you.
We will help you:
- with your education, training and employment and opportunities – so you can gain experience and confidence
- get careers information and advice – such as help to develop your CV, advice about job interviews, including what you might wear
- meet your transport costs when travelling to training, school or college, apprenticeships or job interviews
- buy tools, equipment, essential clothing, and books – to help you with your training or education
- plan your goals
- visit colleges or training providers – so that you can see what’s on offer
- meet college staff before you make your choices
- make links with possible employers
- try out ‘taster’ sessions of courses or work experience
- with information about the department for work and pensions – who can help with work experience, employment and benefits