P2E and SEND

You might need an EHC Assessment

If you have SEND (Special Educational Needs and a Disability), we can help you with your pathways to employment 

Extra help for learningIf you are under 25 and think you might need extra help or support with training or education because you have SEND but don’t have an Education, Health and Care plan (or statement), you can ask for an EHC Assessment by phoning Somerset Direct on 0300 123 2224.

We could also help you organise a Supported Internship – this is a type of study programme. It is specifically aimed at young people aged 16 to 24 who have a statement of special educational needs, a Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA), or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP), who want to move into employment and need extra support to do so.

Find out more about supported internships for young people with SEND, an LDA or who have an EHCP.