We will support you with your emotional and mental health and help you access specialist support if you need it.
Mental Health Crisis – For support with a mental health crisis, phone NHS 111 – if you have been given a crisis contact number for your mental health, then call it.
Or, you can phone the Samaritans helpline – a 24 hour service, 365 days a year – 116 123
You could also phone the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) – out of hours social care 0300 123 2224
Help if you are in crisis – find out more about what help there is for young people around emotional health and wellbeing.
How have you been feeling lately?
When it comes to emotions, it can sometimes be hard to recognise or admit that we’re not feeling 100%
If you are 16 or over, take this short NHS Choices questionnaire
It will help you
- better understand how you’ve been feeling over the last fortnight
- point you in the right direction for helpful advice and information
If you are 18 or over and concerned that you might be depressed or anxious
- try Somerset Talking Therapy’s quick and easy self-assessment tool
Somerset Talking Therapies also have a variety of self-help guides for anxiety, controlling anger, food for thought, low mood and depression, and other topics for you to read or send to a friend.
Information about counselling and other support
Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
Other help for emotional support for under 25s
The Mix – a leading UK support service for young people. They can offer free and confidential support through social media, by phone or online.
Emotional support – As well as support from your Personal Adviser, we may be able to offer you extra practical and emotional support, like
- providing you with a mentor or peer mentor
- helping to maintain or regain contact with people special to you or who cared for you in the past – like former foster carers, Independent Visitors or Social Workers
- support to re-connect with family – where it is in your best interests