Staying put

Staying Put with your former foster carer

To make sure you are ready for independent living, at first you will be offered supported accommodation like

Staying put – If you are already living with foster carers and you are in education, employment or training, the first option would be to stay there after you turn 18, until you are 21, or before that if you are ready to move on.

Your foster carers would continue to help you develop independent living skills and support you to gradually move to independent living.

If this is what you and your foster carers want, we will support you to stay with your foster carers under what is called a ‘Staying Put’ arrangement.

You will pay rent and your Personal Adviser will help you arrange this. You can stay in a ‘Staying Put’ arrangement until you are 21.

Somerset’s ‘Staying Put’ policy